Tuesday, December 9, 2008
I cling to my solitude;
fathoming my depths, through
those inward eyes.
The wistful years pass along, and
my solitude peers back at them; some
moments left stranded, somewhere
where my life left them;
laden with the mist of times
clamouring through the silence.
My solitude enlightens me, of
the beautiful sounds that,
I ignored all these years –
breath of the wind on the panes, and
the resonance of my own heartbeat;
pealed back to me through muted space.
I have travelled far and wide;
Leaving testimonial footprints – some
caked in mud, some
washed away by frivolous waves; to be
lost in the seas of eternity.
My solitude leans on me; and
I hear what it has to say –I venture on….
Sunday, December 7, 2008
- WHERE the mind is without fear and the head is held high
- Where knowledge is free
- Where the world has not been broken up into fragments
- By narrow domestic walls
- Where words come out from the depth of truth
- Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection
- Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way
- Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit
- Where the mind is led forward by thee
- Into ever-widening thought and action
- Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake
In the aftermath of the recent carnage in Mumbai there has been a huge upwelling of emotions among Indians, the war cry being 'Enough is enough" and the politicos have been in such open public ire as never before. Everybody has a view as what ails the system. Its seems to me like some IMPOTENT RAGE. We need to stand in front of mirrors and recite Tagore's verses and see for ourselves - as a human being, as a citizen, of our country- where we stand !!